Attempting to start a new site

goldstud
Site Admin

Attempting to start a new site

Post by goldstud » Sun Apr 07, 2019 11:35 pm

I am attempting to set up a new site on Podia.com. My own web page would be great if I knew how to keep it running properly but I do not.
My GF is the one that set this site up and she was learning as she went so it has never worked quite right and now she does not have time to keep up with and improve it due to her work.

If I can get an account on Podia that will allow monthly subsctriptions I think it will be better. I will be able to offer different levels of access like I did on Patreon, I will be able to communicate with people better on each video, and I will not have people afraid to sign up due to the security of the site.

Anyone that is currently signed up here will automatically get access to the Podia account.

Also I will keep this site update for now as well in case anything goes wrong with the Podia account.

Please let me know what you all think.

Thanks for everyone's continued support.

Goldstud.

airion

Re: Attempting to start a new site

Post by airion » Sun Apr 07, 2019 11:42 pm

Sounds like a great idea!

Aaron2193

Post by Aaron2193 » Mon Apr 08, 2019 1:15 am

Very exciting , when do you think it will be ready?

goldstud
Site Admin

Post by goldstud » Mon Apr 08, 2019 1:45 am

Aaron2193 wrote:
Mon Apr 08, 2019 1:15 am
Very exciting , when do you think it will be ready?
Trying to set it up as quickly as my slow internet will let me :(
I sure wish I could get a faster connection :(

goldstud
Site Admin

Post by goldstud » Mon Apr 08, 2019 1:59 am

I am having issues learning how to set it up for monthly memberships instead of one time purchases. Also tying to figure out if it will allow people to download videos, or only stream.

Aaron2193

Post by Aaron2193 » Mon Apr 08, 2019 3:34 am

Also will all the videos that you've already made be transferred over to the new site?

goldstud
Site Admin

Post by goldstud » Mon Apr 08, 2019 5:54 am

Aaron2193 wrote:
Mon Apr 08, 2019 3:34 am
Also will all the videos that you've already made be transferred over to the new site?
Yes, I will transfer everything over (If it looks like Podia will work for this) and also keep this site up to date with the new videos for a time to be sure that all will go well

goldstud
Site Admin

Post by goldstud » Tue Apr 09, 2019 11:25 pm

so, I have been chatting with a friend of mine that is on telegram a lot, and has been chatting with one of his telegram friends that has suggested charging per video on Podia instead of doing a monthly charge. What do you all think?

Or what about charging per set, so say that if I did a set of arte, washing his penis, ejaculation from one view, ejaculation from another view, maybe a view of his anal contractions during ejaculation. Make that a set and charge for that set. And at that, what would be a fair charge?

I tried charging per video when I was on Patreon, and I had a lot of people that did not like being charged per video. However that said, Patreon charged automatically every time I posted, where as I think Podia only charges if you click on the set and agree to the charge.

Aaron2193

Post by Aaron2193 » Wed Apr 10, 2019 1:49 am

If it's monthly will it still be $20 or will the price be changed?

goldstud
Site Admin

Post by goldstud » Wed Apr 10, 2019 3:39 am

Aaron2193 wrote:
Wed Apr 10, 2019 1:49 am
If it's monthly will it still be $20 or will the price be changed?
If I make it monthly I will make different payment plans based on quality of videos like I did on Patreon. So for example people that just want the information with a distance view of the collection can purchase those videos for say $8 per month. People that want close up detail of the ejaculation process itself can purchase a plan that has the distance videos plus the close up videos, plus the hard to capture videos such as anal contractions all for say $20/month.

That was my plan for this site but when my GF set up the page she was unable to figure out how to do that with wordpress.

That said I am leaning more toward selling the video series as a folder. Say I make a collection from arte on march 1st. When I make the collection say I have 3 cameras. I get the washing filmed, hopefully up close, 2 views of the ejaculation process and maybe a view of his anal contractions during ejaculation. Sell the entire folder of that collection as one purchase. Say maybe $5.

Just an idea I am toying with.
Podia's charge platform is different than Patreons was so I am trying to see how I can work it so it is fair to everyone. Make it so that everyone who wants close ups can buy them and everyone that just wants the info and does not want to pay for the extra work that goes into the close up does not have to put out the extra money, so maybe I will make a folder of closeups and a folder of more distance views.

Let me know what you all think about that.