Some Videos to request

Socomuser1

Some Videos to request

Post by Socomuser1 » Fri Sep 28, 2018 3:01 am

Hi, I was thinking of more content to post, such as more Artificial vaginia open end ejaculation videos.

And then also could you set up an example of mare insemination process. Like start out cleaning the mares anus and vulva and explain or show the insemination process. You can either do an example or the real deal just a thought. Also showing how to clean mare and stallions genitals would be great.

OK I also was wondering if you could do more detailed horses mating video.

You could also video record and explain mare estrus cycle. That would be interesting.

Also when collecting from your stallion with open end AV I was wondering if you collect the semen in like a bowl of some kind so we can see the amount of seamen he let's out.

Thank you for all your hard work. Here are some ideas.

goldstud
Site Admin

Re: Some Videos to request

Post by goldstud » Sat Sep 29, 2018 7:08 am

Socomuser1 wrote:
Fri Sep 28, 2018 3:01 am
Hi, I was thinking of more content to post, such as more Artificial vaginia open end ejaculation videos.

And then also could you set up an example of mare insemination process. Like start out cleaning the mares anus and vulva and explain or show the insemination process. You can either do an example or the real deal just a thought. Also showing how to clean mare and stallions genitals would be great.

OK I also was wondering if you could do more detailed horses mating video.

You could also video record and explain mare estrus cycle. That would be interesting.

Also when collecting from your stallion with open end AV I was wondering if you collect the semen in like a bowl of some kind so we can see the amount of seamen he let's out.

Thank you for all your hard work. Here are some ideas.
Hi there!

The first thing I would like to say is that I fully intend to make new videos of everything you have mentioned here.

The artificial vagina open ended videos, I will be making more of those, and I will be focusing (for now) on the smaller diameter home made AV for some of those, both with the stallion flaring inside, and in just out of the av.

As to the mare insemination process, I trying to get a-hold of a good quality endoscope that I can insert right next to the insemination pipette so I can actually show the pipette being passed through the cervix and into the uterus. I am just having a hard time finding one that does not cost 3 grand or more. I do intend to also explain the process verbally as well.

Cleaning the mare's anus and vulva prior to insemination is supper important and I will try to get close ups of the process that I believe works the best now that I can have someone handle the camera for me. I had done a little of this in the past but I did not have a camera person and it is hard to position a camera on a tripod to catch everything from one spot.

I have several video posted that show me cleaning the stallion's penis, but nothing where I can really explain it well as the stallions are always moving around so much during the cleaning process because I never have someone to hold the stallion AND someone to run the camera, thus I always end up holding the stallion and trying to clean his penis both at the same time. I will see what I can do though, once I get the new breeding shed set up. I intend to have a spot to tie the stallion for having his penis washed.

I will see if I can dig out some of my dry erase white boards to visually show how the estrous cycle works in the mare.

Detailed mating videos will be a little harder to do as I do not really do live cover here, and 90% of the mares I have here are currently pregnant. I will see what I can do though.

Having some one catch the semen will not be possible until I get more helpers in here. At this time I only have 2 helpers and one of them is very broken and usually in too much pain to help so I essentially only have one helper currently so I cannot have him catch semen and run a camera. That said I should have 2 more helpers here in the near future so I can see about doing this. I would like to make some videos that compare collection an entire ejaculate vs collection of only the sperm rich fraction of the ejaculate. We will have to see how this goes as I have more helpers on board.

Thanks for the input and let me know if I missed anything.

Goldstud

Socomuser1

Post by Socomuser1 » Mon Oct 01, 2018 2:28 am

I believe that was everything. Im saving up for 60 acres and I'm going to breed my horses that I get either naturally or insemination so this website is pretty helpful. So thank you for all your hard work

equineguy

Post by equineguy » Mon Oct 01, 2018 4:05 am

Having some one catch the semen will not be possible until I get more helpers in here. At this time I only have 2 helpers and one of them is very broken and usually in too much pain to help so I essentially only have one helper currently so I cannot have him catch semen and run a camera. That said I should have 2 more helpers here in the near future so I can see about doing this. I would like to make some videos that compare collection an entire ejaculate vs collection of only the sperm rich fraction of the ejaculate. We will have to see how this goes as I have more helpers on board.
I think the question that we're all asking here is if you accept volunteers ;-)

That aside, I'd also like to see some videos like this quite a bit! It would be fascinating to see how semen volume changes over multiple ejaculations, or for different collection methods... For example, an experiment where the same stallion is collected at the same interval of time using the crump method, AV, and live-cover condom. I think this has been brought up once before by someone else, and I know it might be a hard experiment, but it would be fascinating to see the results.

It would also be nice to see the results of closed-ended AV / Crump sessions poured into some kind of measuring tube or beaker, so we could see the exact ML of the collection.

Just some random ideas! At any rate, keep up the great videos!
Just another random horse lover here on the site... I've been working with them for years, and plan on getting my first stallion soon. Looking forward to learning what I can here. Feel free to PM me if you want to chat!

goldstud
Site Admin

Post by goldstud » Mon Oct 01, 2018 6:17 am

equineguy wrote:
Mon Oct 01, 2018 4:05 am
I think the question that we're all asking here is if you accept volunteers ;-)

That aside, I'd also like to see some videos like this quite a bit! It would be fascinating to see how semen volume changes over multiple ejaculations, or for different collection methods... For example, an experiment where the same stallion is collected at the same interval of time using the crump method, AV, and live-cover condom. I think this has been brought up once before by someone else, and I know it might be a hard experiment, but it would be fascinating to see the results.

It would also be nice to see the results of closed-ended AV / Crump sessions poured into some kind of measuring tube or beaker, so we could see the exact ML of the collection.

Just some random ideas! At any rate, keep up the great videos!
All the above are very do-able once I get the new breeding shed ready for use (time frame depends on when I have enough money as is always the case).
Getting volumes with a closed end device is easy, however with open ended collection is much more tricky as it requires yet another person and for that person to be good at catching the semen, which is also true if you are trying to factionate semen in this fashion. It can be done but will take lots of practice and sadly Arabians are not the best breed to use for that as they can be quite fractious during the collection process. It will be worth a try though once I get the new shed set up.

As to volunteers, I actually was offering apprenticeships for a time, however all the apprenticeship positions have currently been promised. If one of those positions should open back up I will post it on the site. Currently one person has recently come on board (he is the one that has been running the camera recently) the second should be here toward the end of October and the third around the beginning of January.

Once I get the breeding shed use-able and the lab built I will be offering hands on reproduction management classes. These classes will mostly be based around collection via av, semen processing in the lab for AI and cooled shipped, as well as mare management, and AI. I will make a post once I have everything finished and those classes become available for anyone interested.

equineguy

Post by equineguy » Thu Oct 04, 2018 10:37 pm

All the above are very do-able once I get the new breeding shed ready for use (time frame depends on when I have enough money as is always the case).
Getting volumes with a closed end device is easy, however with open ended collection is much more tricky as it requires yet another person and for that person to be good at catching the semen, which is also true if you are trying to factionate semen in this fashion. It can be done but will take lots of practice and sadly Arabians are not the best breed to use for that as they can be quite fractious during the collection process. It will be worth a try though once I get the new shed set up.

As to volunteers, I actually was offering apprenticeships for a time, however all the apprenticeship positions have currently been promised. If one of those positions should open back up I will post it on the site. Currently one person has recently come on board (he is the one that has been running the camera recently) the second should be here toward the end of October and the third around the beginning of January.

Once I get the breeding shed use-able and the lab built I will be offering hands on reproduction management classes. These classes will mostly be based around collection via av, semen processing in the lab for AI and cooled shipped, as well as mare management, and AI. I will make a post once I have everything finished and those classes become available for anyone interested.
Wow, sounds like a promising and exciting venture! Good luck getting the breeding shed finished; I'm sure that's going to be exceptionally helpful and nice for you once it's done... and it sounds like you'll be able to deliver a lot of different kinds of content for us, too! I've got my fingers crossed that good fortune comes your way =p

At any rate, I'm glad you've got yourself a small team now to help you out with the duties! I'm sure lots of people here would be interested in the opportunity, so hopefully they will help make your life a little easier! And maybe one of them will learn to be a good semen catcher ;-)

Thanks for responding! As always, looking forward to your future videos =)
Just another random horse lover here on the site... I've been working with them for years, and plan on getting my first stallion soon. Looking forward to learning what I can here. Feel free to PM me if you want to chat!

Lenjoymn

Some Videos to request

Post by Lenjoymn » Wed Aug 28, 2019 12:28 pm

I wish they had shown what happend to the end of the Bomb-double-up towards the end 3rd or 4th wave from the end. Some very large surf through out though