Different breeds and ejaculate volume

EP1983

Different breeds and ejaculate volume

Post by EP1983 » Tue Jul 30, 2019 1:12 pm

Hi, I'd be interested to see a comparison here. I'd expect the results to be fairly similar across the board, regardless of the size of horse, but am curious to know for sure. Would I be right in thinking that age would be more of a factor, as it is with dogs?

goldstud
Site Admin

Re: Different breeds and ejaculate volume

Post by goldstud » Wed Jul 31, 2019 7:05 am

EP1983 wrote:
Tue Jul 30, 2019 1:12 pm
Hi, I'd be interested to see a comparison here. I'd expect the results to be fairly similar across the board, regardless of the size of horse, but am curious to know for sure. Would I be right in thinking that age would be more of a factor, as it is with dogs?
Unfortunately I do not have enough of a selection of breeds to do any kind of comparison, however experience has taught me that there is not really a huge difference in volume from one breed to the next (unless you are talking a mini verses a draft of course). Volume difference is going to be more commonly seen from one individual to the next. And even when looking at individuals it is going to vary from one collection to the next and is governed strongly by factors such as how long he was teased prior to ejaculation, how long it has been since his previous ejaculation, etc..