Teaching a Stallion to Crump

TwistedStallion

Teaching a Stallion to Crump

Post by TwistedStallion » Mon Jul 02, 2018 1:48 am

I have recently gotten a new stallion and I'm looking for some advice on ground collection with the crump method. The biggest problem I have is his mouthyness when aroused. He gets so caught up trying to bite me he losses his erection.

Have you had this problem before and have any solutions for it? In general what do you do to get a stallion aroused to teach him crump ground collection?

Thanks.

goldstud
Site Admin

Re: Teaching a Stallion to Crump

Post by goldstud » Tue Jul 03, 2018 7:20 am

TwistedStallion wrote:
Mon Jul 02, 2018 1:48 am
I have recently gotten a new stallion and I'm looking for some advice on ground collection with the crump method. The biggest problem I have is his mouthyness when aroused. He gets so caught up trying to bite me he losses his erection.

Have you had this problem before and have any solutions for it? In general what do you do to get a stallion aroused to teach him crump ground collection?

Thanks.
Mouthyness is a HUGE issue and one that has to be dealt with by a lot of stallion handlers, not just for ground and crump method training but even just for the traditional method of mounting a phantom. My most recent job had one such stallion that was by far the worst I ever had to deal with. A Saddlebred stallion that was injured as a baby and consequently had very little handling in life because from that point on they intended him to be a breeding stallion due to his blood lines and not a show horse. For whatever reason it did not dawn on them that a stallion would need to have manners rather he was to show before his breeding career or not.

When I first started there, I was the only person working in the lab, and they did not have a stallion man, (they were simply too cheap to pay someone what they were worth as a stud man), so the show trainers ended up having to double as stallion handlers. They of course did not know what they were doing and did not want to know partially because they were afraid of stallions, so me training them was a pointless effort.

When they brought this stallion into the breeding shed he would start to sniff at the tease mare, start getting an erection, then would start wanting to bite on her. Of course she did not like this so she would squeal and kick the gate and the handler would jerk on the stud chain which would hurt his feelings and he would lose his erection.

Then course would repeat. I got tired of this pretty quick especially since they did not want to do that job and would not listen to me, so I tried putting a muzzle on him, hoping if he could not bite the mare, she would not squeal and kick and all would work without having to try and train people that did not want to be trained.
It did not work. The mare had become so accustom to being bitten (at this point I was gathering that she had been though this in previous years with this stallion before my arrival at the farm) that as soon as she felt anything touch her she thought he was about to bite and would squeal and kick. So, I just accepted that for the time being collecting this stallion was going to be a huge time goblin. I did try a few things in the mean time like letting him chew on the end of a rope etc, of which none worked because he quickly tired of the rope and wanted to bite either the mare or a person (something he got a reaction from).

Finally, about half way through breeding season, all 3 trainers quit the farm at the same time that my intern started. This meant that I was able to have her collect the stallion while I handled him.

Things went much smother from there. The trick with this stallion was to hold his head by the halter not the stud chain, let him get his head close to the mare so he could sniff at her, but pull his head toward me then push it back toward the mare, then pull back toward me, in a rhythmic fashion so that he was never able to get his mouth on her, I kept his attention just a bit on me and what I was doing with his head, while at the same time allowing him to have his nose close enough to her that it excited him.

We did this for about 2 weeks, and by that point he figured out that by not being so bitty he would get what he really wanted (an orgasm) much quicker. When I brought him into the breeding shed he would quickly drop, let my intern clean him, then jump on the phantom to be collected, all in about a 5 minute time frame instead of the hour plus it was previously taking.

OKAY, so why did I type out this long assed scenario when this is not the scenario you are dealing with. This is simply to point out that you will have to think outside the box with your boy. Each stallion is an individual and what works for one may not work for any others.

You may want to start by trying him in cross tires (of course first make sure you have him trained to tie and cross tie). If he is tired to where he cannot reach you to bite, then he may just focus the stimulation instead. If this does not work and he loses his erection, then maybe try letting him chew on something other than you such as a rope, whip, etc. Possibly even get him a chifney bit (though be sure to never tie him with a chifney on). Many people say (oooohhh no, a chifney is so painful and cruel to a stallion). NOO, if used properly a chifney is not a disciplinary tool, it is a pacifier.
If you have access, put urine from a mare in heat in a location where he can focus on sniffing the urine, rather than focusing on messing with you.l

Ultimately, the real answer is to work on the mouthieness itself, however that is a long term project and if you need him collected right away, you may not have time to wait until that long term project has the desired effect.

One other thing you may try oddly enough, is to have food in front of him. You will still need what ever stimuli you were using to get him aroused, be it a mare, mare urine, what ever, but still maybe have some hay there too that he can chew on. May or may not be a realistic idea, but just a thought.

Let me know if any of these suggestions work and best of luck.

TwistedStallion

Post by TwistedStallion » Thu Jul 05, 2018 1:48 am

Thank you for the great reply.

I've been working on the biting in general and he is getting much better. Putting a saddle pad in front of him to bite on sort of works but he doesn't think its as good as a mare or person. Food does nothing since he is not food motivated at all anyway. Will gladly walk away from his hay for attention of any kind.

One interesting thing is that he doesn't bite the phantom much at all. Mostly just rubs his whole body on it before mounting. He didn't like the AV temperature or tightness when we did phantom training though. I'm hoping once he can get a few full "rewards" (orgasms) he will focus on that instead of biting me.

I'll post another update once we've had more time to work together. Thanks for the advice.

Shassha

Post by Shassha » Sun Oct 06, 2019 11:43 am

These spam accounts are getting out of hand.

goldstud
Site Admin

Post by goldstud » Sun Oct 06, 2019 9:08 pm

Shassha wrote:
Sun Oct 06, 2019 11:43 am
It is, but unfortunately I don't know what to do about it. :(

airion

Post by airion » Sun Oct 06, 2019 10:45 pm

Try contacting support?

Shassha

Post by Shassha » Wed Oct 09, 2019 4:41 am

goldstud wrote:
Sun Oct 06, 2019 9:08 pm
Shassha wrote:
Sun Oct 06, 2019 11:43 am
It is, but unfortunately I don't know what to do about it. :(
Update the version to close security holes?
https://wordpress.org/support/wordpress ... ion-5-2-3/